Monday, July 14, 2008

It's Monday Already?!?!?!

Where is my life going? Is this really my fourth week in DC? Have I accomplished anything of substance? Well, here was my week in a nutshell (a short nutshell, because I am supposed to be reading up on the EU's environmental innovations).

Monday the 7th: Last weekend was really the fourth of July weekend?? Nothing exciting. I really like my yoga class. I feel so relaxed after it and sort of just meander back to my house afterwards.

Tuesday the 8th: First day of EPA SG office retreat at the National Building Museum. Actually, really nothing exciting. Discussed the future of Smart Growth. I baked Carrot Zucchini Bread that night in preparation for the next day.

Wednesday the 9th: Second day of retreat. We had a tour of Penn Quarter downtown. I notice so much more about street planning than I ever could have imagined. Really pretty downtown. Worked out. Managed not to do any thesis work...again.

Thursday: Work. Swim. Salsa dancing at a club in Adam's Morgan! Hopefully, have time and energy for it this week, too! Some girl stepped on my foot with stilettos.

Friday: Work. Ran around the mall and memorials after work. Got all pink and didn't turn back to a normal shade until a couple hours later. Free Jazz at the sculpture garden. Long walk back to Adam's Morgan from downtown. Paid too much for a bottle of wine ($13!!!) that Nicole and I brought to the Moishe House Friday night dinner. Had food...good food. Talked to nice people...Went back and watched Clueless.

Saturday: COuldn't get out of bed. Farmer's Market. Walked to outdoor pool in Georgetown. Trader Joe's (I love grocery shopping too much). Made bread...well, killed my yeast and then had to go hunting for more. Turned out ok. Dead set on figuring out how to make my own yogurt. I'm going to be such a from-scratch person! Fell asleep at like 10pm!

Sunday: Swam. Got kicked out of pool for family swim not on schedule! Grrr. Walked back and witnessed three arrests on 18th street for a shooting that took place outside the Radio Shack on Columbia...a block and a half from my house! Yikes. Pretended to do work at zoo. Came back and pretended to do work in my room. Finished my for-fun book...hehe.

Monday: Today! Dragged myself out of bed. Worked. Yoga. Pretend to read stuff on EU while really updating blog and looking at events at the Kennedy Center. Ate too much peanut butter (out of jar...bad girl). Successful popcorn popping on stove for lunch tomorrow. Will make brownies on my birthday to make myself feel better about turning 22 and having a crappy 21st year...here's hoping for better in the months to come!

-Why did I keep eating the peanut butter? UGH!

I'm Reading: The Highest Tide

1 comment:

jkim5154 said...

yay for salsa dnacing!