Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Real World - Sort Of

My current abode...I like studio apartments, but not great for entertaining.
Token shot of the Capitol while waiting for a friend.

Do I have to get a real job? After only a week in DC, I have learned a lot about what I do and do NOT like. I love being on my own, having an apartment, going grocery shopping, etc. The unfortunate part about loving my apartment so much is that I am moving tomorrow afternoon to my permanent summer housing! Closer to the metro, but not nearly as spacious and private, and farther from Whole Foods and the JCC (my two after-work haunts). I may get over it, though, because it's close to the zoo!

I don't know how people do a 9-5 office job! I get so antsy, longing for movement and the outdoors. Where is the middle ground??? I need SOMETHING between out in the middle of the forest and sitting on my rear for 8 hours! Maybe if I were super-inspired by the subject matter it would be better.

I went with Cheryl and her brother's friends tubing down the Potomac today. That was great. I really needed the time outside, near forests. The thunderstorms (and the current brilliant flashes of lightning) are also a highlight of DC so far! Besides the fact that my commute in the morning leaves me sweaty and gross, I am loving this weather.

I guess that's it. I am still constantly exhausted, but hopefully I'll adjust (...) Next Friday is the 4th! Woohoo! No plans yet, but many options.

-Your DC Correspondant

I'm Reading: Black Swan Green

No comments: