Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Are You My Mother?

Do I only ever take pictures of food? I have one of my bread, too...
Start Time: 1:54 pm

I’m sorry it’s already Wednesday – the days just fly by right now. I will try to recount with amazing detail (hehe) what has occurred since the last post…as I eat my delectable cake and pretend to do important things at work (which I really should be doing, but I can’t concentrate on one thing for extended periods of time). Alright, ready, begin:

Saturday July 26th, I spent a lovely evening at Wolf Trap’s Broadway Rocks! I love musical theater…Sunday, I ran the 3 miles down to the Holocaust museum, where one of the founders gave a group of Stanford, Yale, and Harvard students a little spiel on the history of the museum.
I probably could have spent a couple more hours there, but I hate crowds and the number of people inside kept growing. So, I set off on my run back to Adam’s Morgan…with dark, menacing clouds in front of me. Well, that was motivation – although, not motivating enough apparently. Just as a I start heading up 18th street (about 8 minutes from my doorstep), the sky opens up; thunder and lightning right over my head. Actually, quite unnerving. Needless to say, I did not feel quite the need for a shower that I had earlier in my run!

Ok, moving on. Monday and Tuesday are not worth discussing. Wednesday, besides engaging in the weekly viewing of Project Runway, my mother came. I lost my bed, but gained someone to do stuff with! Thursday, I met my mom’s college friend (I know you’re reading this…), which is fun – makes me realize that parents had/have a life outside their children.
I had a dinner party on my deck that night, with a few friends. It was a vegan smorgasbord of pasta, quiche (again), sundried tomato basil bread, and more. Mmm…

Friday, I took the day off of work! We went to the zoo early-ish, then headed downtown for a vegetarian Indian Buffet (dcnirvana.com) – at which I ate WAY too much! Was interesting, because I had never had Rajasthani cuisine before. Went to the National Building Museum, which I believe my mother enjoyed ;). That evening we went back to Wolf Trap for a Rogers and Hammerstein medley on-screen! It was fantastic.

Saturday was a late start – meaning I went to the farmer’s market and then ate half a jar of peanut butter (all-natural, don’t worry) before we got moving. We spent the day in Georgetown, wandering around with one of my favorite people – Laura McDonald ! Got stuck in a thunderstorm and sought shelter in the nearest Trader Joe’s, of course. For dinner, we met up with my mom’s cousin (once removed for me?) and we ate at a lovely Lebanese place!

Sunday, sigh. I had my usual bout swimming and grocery shopping in the morning. We went to Sticky Fingers Bakery for “brunch”, but I will have to go back when I am not in a bad mood (don’t ask). National Archives was next on our list – very cool exhibit on Campaign Political Cartoons. Walked a bunch – like all the way back to Adam’s Morgan. Chipotle for dinner and Persepolis as a close to the weekend.

I realize this has gotten very long. Nothing much happened Monday and Tuesday, except that I baked an excellent cake with an impromptu frosting with a hint of raspberry. Rave reviews at work – forgot to take a picture…And now have realized that my lunch consisted solely of cake, frosting, and a peach. So much for my health. Until next time –

Finish Time: 4:24 pm (granted, I was working too!)

I'm Reading: The China Study

No comments: