Monday, August 25, 2008

My Life is Slipping Past Me...

...at an alarming rate! Where are my weeks going? This is going to be short and sweet, because my life is boring.


Baking Highlights: Monday I made my mini croissants, which were more like crescent rolls than flaky buttery pastry. C’est la vie vegan. Wednesday was hazelnut biscotti in three varieties: plain, chocolate, and chocolate-covered. I actually baked them twice, so they were legitimate. Friday was peanut butter balls (dangerously delicious and deadly) and some chocolate-covered oat bar for the Shabbat potluck that night. Oh, and that slab of chocolate, it's gone - well almost. It's currently the size of my fist. Gold is in site...


Olympics Highlights: I stayed up too late again for most of the week. Mad about the stupid tie-breaker on bars giving gold to an underage Chinese gymnast! Paid half-attention to the closing ceremony last night.


Weekend (Non) Excitement: Went to the Friday night Shabbat services and potluck, but since I knew no one, was sort of lonely. Saturday I had dinner, tea, and chocolate with Amanda – who’s apartment is fabulous and CLEAN! Jealous. Lebanese food was good, after they traded the ground-beef-topped hummus with the plain one we ordered! Yesterday, I started the movie 1900, which I put in French but can’t actually hear on my computer. I still have two more hours to go…


That’s my life. I have a week left and then my life will get even more boring, so I will discontinue blog posting.


I’m Reading: Oryx and Crake

1 comment:

jkim5154 said...

wow rachel, you should be a baker! :)